The term “New Technologies” is not defined in GDPR but we can assume that it includes the following:
- First time or novel use of an existing advanced, automated or innovative collection or processing technology
- for example, using of artificial intelligence technologies.
- Use of immature, unproven or “bleeding edge” technology
- Use of technology that is an alternative “in-house” or self-created instance of existing technology
- for example using a proprietary custom encryption method
- Processing in novel or unexpected way that may involve unknown or new risks